Thursday 30 July 2009

Going green....

It's the start of August on Saturday and the birthstone for the month is Peridot so I thought I should make a couple of pieces that would make nice pressies for a birthday this week, including a pendant and earring set with simple beaten silver ovals and small beautifully faceted peridot kites ~ just a peek of peridot...



Then I realised I had some lovely green stones stashed away in box and got my silver wire and pliers out ~ a distraction as I really wanted to make a couple of beaded designs but my new supply of beading material is somewhere in the London mail system. I've made a long, monster size pendant with a pale green amethyst nugget and a rich green onyx focal complimented by a cluster of small stones of peridot, prehnite, green tourmaline and green onyx. A pair of simple green onyx leverbacks sets the pendant off beautifully.



Now I'm off to get all my newly made goodies ready for working at Greenwich tomorrow ~ hope the weather is a bit better than it's been this week otherwise I may need a cardi and stout shoes...in July ?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment